Mokveld HIPPS (High Integrity Pressure Protection System)
- Sizes: 2″ through 48″ (50 mm through 1200 mm)
- Pressure Rating Class: ASME 150# through 2500# // API 3000 through 10000
- Body Materials: Carbon Steel to nickel based materials an deven titanium
- Actuator: Fast acting axial on-off valve with integrated actuator, specifically designed for fast reliable stroking. Mokveld’s axial on-off valve with integrated actuator and solenoid or mechanical initiators.
– HIPPS is applied to prevent over-pressurisation of a plant or pipeline by shutting off the source of the high pressure. The Mokveld HIPPS totals over 35 000 (with over 2500 valves) operational years and are therefore proven-in-use for high reliability safety applications.
– HIPPS can protect personnel, environment and equipment in cases where:
– High pressures occur and / or high flow rates are processed.
– The economic viability of a field development needs to be improved.
– Emission are to be reduced or avoided (e.g. toxic fluids)
- Other Designations
– Safety shut-down systems (SSD)
– Safety Instrumented System (SIS)
– Safety Instrumented Function (SIF)
– Over-pressure protection systems (OPPS)